Saturday, August 25, 2012

I love Christmas

There are a lot of things that I love, some of which you know already. Here's a quick list of my strong obsessions to help you out though!

-Baking
-Disney
-Friends and Family
-Nintendo
-Dancing
-Food
-Aaaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd CHRISTMAS!!!!

I love everything about Christmas. When June 25th came around, I almost cried. (That's half-Christmas BTW). I love the music, decorations, movies, cookies, snow, decorating the tree, being with family, opening presents and buying presents. Finding the perfect gift is the greatest, and I usually find two or three perfect gifts for each person I'm buying for. My wallet literally empties from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve.

Because I love Christmas so much, you probably think that I am constantly watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. WRONG! That kind of behavior is NOT allowed until the day after Thanksgiving. Once that day hits, I can go to the malls and see the decoration (no, I don't let myself go when I think decorations will be up unless necessary), I can listen to 94.7 all day because they play Christmas 24/7, AND I can finally watch Christmas movies. Of course this includes the classics like the stop motion Christmas movies and 'Elf', but it also includes movies that just make me think of the Christmas feeling. For me, those are movies like 'The Holiday' and 'Stepmom' (not exactly sure why on that one, but it's on the list). So, I do not allow myself to watch these movies until Thanksgiving passes.

Now, when I say that I don't listen to Christmas music before Black Friday...I have to admit, that I do cheat a little. Something that always makes me think of Christmas but is strictly not Christmas is jazz piano music. Specifically the music of Vince Guaraldi, composer of the 'Peanuts' music. I love that music so much, especially the songs from 'A Charlie Brown Christmas', duh. I am currently listening to a two-disc CD of Mr. Guaraldi...that happens to have two Christmas songs on it...NOW, I have allowed this as my ONLY taste of Christmas. It's hard, but it's worth it.

With this being said, I have taken steps to prevent myself from slipping. I had an idea to wrap my favorite Christmas movies in Christmas paper and then unwrap them like presents when it's okay to watch them!! My roommates think I'm crazy, but I think it's fun.

Our DVD and game collection.

Alphabetized, of course.


Even though we have a substantial amount of movies, there were only three that I needed to wrap.


If you haven't watched 'The Holiday', you really should. It's a fun mix of characters, and it takes place during Christmas. What more could you want? Oh, you want Jude Law? Well you've got him. Jude Law, Jack Black, Kate Winslet, and Cameron Diaz. I'm not a huge fan of that last one, but she doesn't ruin the movie too much. Time for wrapping!

I was scared I'd forget which was which, but I think I kept them in order.

I was really sad that we didn't have any Christmas paper in our apartment, but I thought this would do. I had to work fast, with them off the shelf and so close to me, I almost watched them.

We'll see if I can make it.


















It's not that impressive when it's only three movies out of, like, one hundred-some, but I thought it was a fun idea. Maybe I'll get more Christmas themed movies just so I can wrap them up and unwrap them! What Christmas-y movies would you wrap to unwrap??


No comments:

Post a Comment