Tuesday, February 26, 2013

For the Love of Cheese!

So this post has nothing to do with cheese, it's just a new phrase that I'm trying out.

This post has to do with how much has been going on since my last post. Guess when that was. OCTOBER! For the love of cheese it's been too long! (See what I did there?) Have you ever tried to start a new phrase or word? It's actually kind of fun. I've brought back the term "aces"...sort of. I just say it all the time and I'm anxiously awaiting the day that I hear someone else say it. My most recent attempt is "For the love of cheese". I chose this particular phrase so I could cut back on swearing. I have about six part time jobs, all of which involve me being around kids a LOT younger than me. I NEVER swear in front of my youngest ones, but with my high schoolers, one or two profanities slip out sometimes. Hence, "For the love of cheese" was born. I got a few looks when I first tried it out, and if you ever attempt a new phrase you'll get the same looks, but you must persist! The day will come when you hear someone else say it!

SO! The real reason for this post is not to talk about my weird catch phrases. I really wanted to get into blogging, but it takes a lot more commitment than I was prepared for. I want to blog more frequently, and I plan to, but it's going to take a bit to make it a habit in my life. So here it goes!

I thought I'd just do a quick update of what's happened since my last post!


Aaron and I came up with a Halloween costume the afternoon of Halloween, and I think we did a pretty decent job! Last year we were Luigi and Daisy from the Mario games, but we spiced it up by being zombies too. We spent weeks thinking of a pair costume that would be better, and this is what we procrastinated to! Calvin and Hobbes!

 

 I had a birthday! I'm now 24 years old :]  I went on Google and saw this and got reeeeaaalllly confused. Then I did the hover thing, and it said Happy Birthday to me! It was cool, but kind of creepy too haha!


Nibs had a very successful cookie season! We baked and frosted over 200 cookies this Christmas! We've started experimenting with cookie bouquets, and those have also been a success! We just posted new photos so check us out!


MY PARENTS ARE THE BEST! They got me a Cuisinart this Christmas. I have already made a ton of recipes with this puppy, which I plan to blog about at a later date :]  I figure with my KitchenAid and Cuisinart I can rule the world! Well, the kitchen world at least.


I completed my first major knitting project. I found this amazing video about making log cabin blankets, and I decided to make it for my parents for Christmas. It's extremely easy, you only need to know how to knit, bind off, and pick up stitches. Here's the video link: Log Cabin Blanket  It's definitely time consuming, but totally worth it. The blanket in the link is made with scrap yarn and doesn't have a specific pattern, but I wanted to try making a cool pattern with mine.


We had a Lego party. It was just my sister, Aaron, and our friend John, but that's still a party right!? My sister and I are all about following instructions to build things, but Aaron and John said nay nay to that. I attempted a castle, Alex made a pirate ship, Aaron made a vehicle of sorts, and John made an amazing T-Rex!


My dancers got first place in Pom at Regionals for the second year in a row! If you didn't know, I coach high school dance team, and this was my first year as head coach. I tag-teamed last year with the outgoing coach, and we took first in Pom for the first time in god knows how long! They also took third in Jazz, so that meant we got to go to State for both routines! I am extremely proud of my girls this year, and it's kind of selfish to say, but I'm really proud of the work I've done this year with this team. I put a lot of work into creating a better team, and I think, with the help of my girls, we achieved that.


This is a photo from State Dance. In each division, there are about 15 teams. It was an all day event, and we luckily only performed in the morning. We tied for 10th place in Pom and took 12th in Jazz. I was hoping for a little bit better with our Pom routine, but I was very happy with how the girls performed. If you've ever been to a competition like this, you know how tough the competition is. If you haven't, youtube some dance videos from competitions. For the love of cheese, are these girls fantastic.

And that's about it! Dance team is winding down, so with the free time I have now and the baking and cooking I've been doing with my new kitchen toys, I figure I'll have plenty of material for future posts. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment